Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love,Sex aur Dhokha

Basant 2011


I already have had my share of fun in the day watching the 60 somethings slug it out in the 'Alumni Sports'.My sincerest apologies, but it was funny! I know when I'll be on the wrong side of 60, I too will find it difficult to make the bat meet the ball, and a 20 something lad would be making fun of me, but that's a long time from now,so I can be a jerk for the time being!
Then there was the kite-flying session. It actually turned out to be a miniature kite flying session, with the kites brought from Liliput for the cheapest rates,probably 100 pieces for a buck.Bummer! And the 'manjha' was actually synthetic 'saddi' in fancy bright yellows and greens! Like it has got to do anything with the actual kite-flying?!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am roaming around with a camera in the lower ground. It has been 2 hours now and I have clicked the event in all its details. Now, I am looking for those candid shots! And my mood is equally matched by the rose giving session. It has been going on for a while, but has picked up pace lately, as the sun is setting. Maybe because the guys might find it easier to save their faces in the dark! :P
See, it goes this way. First year girls sell roses to anyone whose willing(or not) to buy them.That's making money. The guy who purchases it(or is forced to purchase it) then gives that rose to a girl.That's wasting money. The girl is in most cases a first year, and so the rose safely returns to the sales window from where it is again set as bait to catch another fool.That's making money and making fools!
So I see these 2 girls approach a guy. Both of them are carrying red roses,lots of them.After a lot of debate and no-no, the guy (very unwillingly) purchases a red rose for 200 bucks! And if that's not foolish enough the guy asks the seller girl to accept it. The seller girl refuses,which amazes me. Given that if she had accepted, she was practically getting 200 bucks for doing nothing!(Which again proves that most girls are stupid, and they can only appear clever in the company of a stupider guy!)
The guy is left pondering what to do with that rose bud, while the seller girl ruthlessly says out to her partner-in-crime, as both of them cross walk across me:
"Mujhe kya karna hai? Wos kisi ko bhi de rose...mujhe toh sirf paise se matlab hai!"
(No) Love, (No) Sex, (Only) Dhokha!

2 comments:

  1. i like the post for the sarcasm.....and the last comment kept me ROFL.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. entertaining and the sarcasm is loud enough!

    ReplyDelete