Monday, February 14, 2011

Aisa 'bhee' hota hai

My 5th semester GPA card deserved some respect because it was my highest score-an average performance in an otherwise underachieving stint of 2.5 years.
So delighted as I was, I went to the stationary shop in main canteen to get it laminated. Now, it might sound weird, but in my college, guys get their GPA cards laminated! Every semester! Why???? So that it doesn't get a crease? Or are you still afraid that you will feed it with aloo-gobhi and chai like you did back in Kindergarten?
Anyway, I thought I'll join the crowd,just for this time.The shop owner told me to collect the 'laminated' grade card the day after.
The following conversation took place the next day:-
Shop owner-Naam boliye(What's your name?)
Me- Varun Tyagi.
The owner then proceeded to search my name through a stack of laminated cards,which were arranged alphabetically.
It took me a minute to realize that he was actually searching for my name in 'B'.
Now, in this part of the country, B is B. And V is B too. So the guy was nowhere wrong to believe I was 'Barun Tyagi, not 'Varun Tyagi.
Me- Bhaiyya mera naam 'Varun' hai.( My name is 'Varun'.)
Shop owner- Haan, 'Barun' naa? Wahi toh dekh rahe hain hum.(Ya, 'varun',right?That's what I'm looking for).
Me- Bhaiyya 'Barun' nahi 'Varun','VARUN'!Aap 'B' mein dekh rahe hain.'V' mein dekhiye.(
Shop owner- Oh, toh aisa boliye na ki 'Bhee' mein dekhna hai. Kya aap bhi tabse time waste karwa rahe hain!!!
Me-(WTF)....
Me-Haan bhaiyya, woh bachpan se thoda speech problem hai mujhe.Sorry!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Lenobho showroom,City Centre Mall, Dhanbad!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. noticed that "lenobho" thing yesterday!!!.. really hilarious man.. :p .. dese guyz are truly proud of their "bhangali" roots!!(no offense meant to all my dear bengali frenz "obhviously")! :p

    ReplyDelete