Sunday, September 19, 2010

Free is not always a good thing!

Yes, believe me it isn't. Free messages for instance. I know what you are going to say. I am always cribbing about this kinda stuff. Yes, I am. Any normal human being with a desire to live peacefully would do the same. Yes, I hate miscalls.(See 'The Misscall Generation') But, free messages? Come on, that's hitting under the belt! I mean, it's like suddenly I see I-have-free-sms-to-annoy-you-24*7 people all around me. Everyday, I get dozens hundreds thousands of smses.The so stereotypical and out of fashion Santa-Banta jokes( come on dude, hasn't anyone heard of Little Johnny?), the sentimental craps, relationshits, the 'morals and wisdom ones', the utterly useless 'send me backs', the spooky chain smses, the know ur lover/future/fucker types...my life has become an Inbox, if nothing else.

I know friends, you have my number. I gave it to you myself. On the belief that you will use it when you need me. Please don't misuse my trust. I know you love me and care for me (although lately I have seriously started doubting that).
You wake me up in the morning with CID PJ's. Isn't that cruel?
You vibrate my balls(literally) in the middle of 'an already too much of a torture' lecture. Because of you I have stopped keeping my cellphone in my jeans pocket and have to reach for my bag every time the phone buzzes. Do you realize  how inconvenient that is?
Do you have any idea how many hours in a day I have to spend deleting tons of sms from my Inbox?
Do you realize each one of you sends me the exact same joke,sometimes twice and thrice? How funny would that be?
Do you know that 9 times out of 10, you wish me 'Gn/gnyt/gudnyt' in the middle of the day and wish for my good day at 11:30 pm? How very caring of you!
Do you realize that the WMD you brought for 20 bucks is available in my locality too? That I could also retaliate with gazzilions of free sms if I wanted to?
Did you actually intend to send me that 'exclusive' sms or was I just a name in a long list?

I might come across as unsocial, anti-social or even someone who has shunned sociality in any form.  Someone who's all gloomy-doomy. I might look like someone who doesn't care for those who care so much for him. But, reality couldn't be farther than that. I like to laugh. I can make you laugh. For that you have to meet me. I don't need Santa/Banta's help. I am social too. But, FREE SMS IS NOT MY IDEA OF SOCIALIZING! Neither do I intend to show my care and love through constant pestering. And I sincerely expect the same from anyone who remotely wishes for my sanity, whatever is left of it that is. So if you can read this, given your busy schedule(with all that sms sending and receiving) please, in the name of GOD(whichever form you believe in) stop it. It ain't cool!


PS- Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, Uninor and all you others. Damn you all to the darkest caverns of hell! With a cellphone with only incoming facility. Free sms,huh? I'll send you free sms then!

4 comments: